From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dhcpcd-1.3.22_p4-r10 testing request
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:18:25
1 On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 08:44 -0600, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Roy Marples wrote:
3 >
4 > > I've just put net-misc/dhcpcd-1.3.22_p4-r10 into portage, package.masked
5 > > If some kind people would like to test it for me so I don't break our
6 > > happy go lucky ~ARCH users I would be grateful :)
7 >
8 > Best way to ensure you get the testing and verification you want on this
9 > is to file a bug, assign it to yourself or your herd, and CC the relevant
10 > arches.
11
12 I'm not after arch testing per se, more testing the new configuration
13 file structure for {resolv,ntp,yp}.conf works.
14 The only testing the file structure has had are from people using
15 baselayout-1.11.x + udhcpc or dhclient. There's many many more dhcpcd
16 users out there as dhcpcd is the ONLY dhcp client for stable users at
17 this time and I would guess that most ~ARCH users also use dhcpcd.
18
19 If, after all that, you still think I should go down the route you've
20 suggested, just say so and it will be done :)
23 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
24 Gentoo Linux Developer