From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Diego E. 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] debug USE flag misuse
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:19:21
1 On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:09:00 +0200, "Diego E. 'Flameeyes'" Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Please check the linked documentation or my blog post[1] on the matter
5 > if you want to understand the reasoning. I'll be dropping the flag and
6 > its context from now on if I stumble across it, without further
7 > warnings.
8
9 Hey Diego, (not sure if you are on -dev list or not, therefore adding
10 you to cc)
11
12 What is the consensus on if the metadata.xml specifies that it will add
13 CFLAGS? Surely it is not as black/white as the global suggests..?
14
15 local:debug:app-portage/eix: Build with CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS for debugging
16 support; not recommended for normal use.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Jeremy