From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Diego E. 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] debug USE flag misuse
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:19:21
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:09:00 +0200, "Diego E. 'Flameeyes'" Pettenò
<flameeyes@g.o> wrote:

> Please check the linked documentation or my blog post[1] on the matter > if you want to understand the reasoning. I'll be dropping the flag and > its context from now on if I stumble across it, without further > warnings.
Hey Diego, (not sure if you are on -dev list or not, therefore adding you to cc) What is the consensus on if the metadata.xml specifies that it will add CFLAGS? Surely it is not as black/white as the global suggests..? local:debug:app-portage/eix: Build with CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS for debugging support; not recommended for normal use. Thanks, Jeremy