From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] i18n herd
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:00:38
1 On Sunday 19 October 2003 19:32, Tal Peer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm currently co-maintaining (with coronalvr) some packages which are used
4 > by middle-eastern users (namely - fribidi, hspell, bidiv, and i'm probably
5 > forgetting something here..).
6 >
7 > Your comments are more than welcome.
8
9 I think one other main issue is the forming of an i18n project. This could be
10 a subproject of desktop. There are many issues that are similar accross all
11 i18n targets except US English. Allready look at XIM and the related
12 complexity. So try to get together other people who are working on i18n. Form
13 a subproject, and decide together which herds you will use. Just know that
14 herds normally should have at least 2 maintainers.
15
16 Paul
17
18 ps. You might also want to look at being a secondary herd for packages that
19 need i18n specific changes/configuration
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer
24 Mail: pauldv@g.o
25 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net