From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Treecleaner meeting summary
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:25:27
Ciao,

The treecleaner project held a meeting today on IRC (#gentoo-treecleaners
on Freenode, log attached) to discuss the goals of the project, why it
was frozen and ways in which to improve the process - treecleaning
without a vengence, maybe? ;)

The outcome of the meeting is, basically, that we need to be a lot more
careful/cautious when it comes to punting packages from the tree.  For
example, in cases where packages work but the ebuilds themselves do not,
we should fixing those up where possible.  Same goes for packages that
are widely used e.g., XMMS (that one just came into my head, honest!).

In addition to this, we'll also be following a process similar to that
used by the security team: file a bug (assigned to maintainer-needed
with treecleaners on the CC) detailing why exactly package foo should be
masked/removed; X yes votes from treecleaner members will result in the
package getting package.mask-ed and/or removed from the tree.

That about sums it up; see the attached log if anything is unclear, or

Best,
Treecleaner team

--
Elfyn McBratney,