From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Treecleaner meeting summary
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:25:27
1 Ciao,
2
3 The treecleaner project held a meeting today on IRC (#gentoo-treecleaners
4 on Freenode, log attached) to discuss the goals of the project, why it
5 was frozen and ways in which to improve the process - treecleaning
6 without a vengence, maybe? ;)
7
8 The outcome of the meeting is, basically, that we need to be a lot more
9 careful/cautious when it comes to punting packages from the tree. For
10 example, in cases where packages work but the ebuilds themselves do not,
11 we should fixing those up where possible. Same goes for packages that
12 are widely used e.g., XMMS (that one just came into my head, honest!).
13
14 In addition to this, we'll also be following a process similar to that
15 used by the security team: file a bug (assigned to maintainer-needed
16 with treecleaners on the CC) detailing why exactly package foo should be
17 masked/removed; X yes votes from treecleaner members will result in the
18 package getting package.mask-ed and/or removed from the tree.
19
20 That about sums it up; see the attached log if anything is unclear, or
23 Best,
24 Treecleaner team
27 Elfyn McBratney,
28 Gentoo Developer,
29 Nutty between the hours of 3AM and 14AM...
31 | irc.freenode.net / beu |
32 | beu [@] gentoo [.] org |
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list