From: Stanislav Brabec <utx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to install two differents versions of gcc ?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:57:50
1 chomats wrote:
2
3 > I want to instal the 3.2.3 and 3.3.1 versions of gcc.
4
5 SLOTs will not help. However gcc has -V and -B options, which should
6 enable more versions of helpers, it works only between sub-sub-versions
7 of the same branch. It breaks at least between 2.95 and 3 and between
8 3.2 and 3.3.
9
10 I have had used following workaround:
11 - Add SLOT and change --prefix (e. g. /opt/gcc-3.2.3) for one of them.
12 - If you want to compile with old one, simply:
13 export PATH=/opt/gcc-3.2.3/bin:$PATH
14 - Don't forget to have a proper libstdc++ in your /etc/ld.so.conf or
15 LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
18 Stanislav Brabec
19 http://www.penguin.cz/~utx, ICQ 116020046
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list