From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x11-libs/lib*: wrong RDEPENDs bug
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:51:53
1 On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:54:42 +0100 (CET)
2 Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o> wrote:
3 > In any case, I think that this situation should be addressed, and
4 > perhaps a comment from PMS might help.
5
6 The PMS side is that we know that the current three DEPEND variables
7 are nowhere near enough, and there are proposals for fixing it
8 properly, but they're not things that are easy to implement in Portage,
9 so there's no timescale.
10
11 In the mean time, RDEPEND is the closest we have to a dependency saying
12 "if I'm used to satisfy a build dependency, then this must also be
13 installed".
16 Ciaran McCreesh