From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FYI: libpng16 won't be able to show some broken icons libpng15 was still able to
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:03:42
1 Hi!
2
3 Since we probably will have to fix the files coming out of
4 tarballs until the various upstreams have fixed them, I propose
5 running a PNG fixer during or after the install phase. Since
6 having pngcrush as dep for everything is not exactly lightweight,
7 I hacked together a PNG file fixer in pure(ish, see below)
8 Python:
9
10 http://git.schwarzvogel.de/?p=pngfixer;a=summary
11
12 Feel free to send patches
13
14 Note that all I wrote is the mind-numbingly simple pngfixer.py
15 script. The rest of the Python code is excised from PIL
16 (http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm). I didn't have
17 to change anything there.
18
19 Also note that it is not _strictly_ pure Python I'm using: the
20 PIL components use Python's zlib.so and therefore are subject to
21 bugs in _that_ code.
22
23 Still needed:
24
25 - How do we ship this?
26 - How do we run it for every ebuild? (probably something like
27 find /var/tmp/portage/.../image/ -iname \*.png -exec {...}\;)
28
29 Regards,
30 Tobias