From: Ryan Tolboom <rxt1077@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] f2c package
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:07:58
1 Hello,
2
3 I was making an ebuild package for f2c (fortran to C translator) when I ran
4 into a couple of problems. Namely I don't know what to call the ebuild script,
5 because the only way to tell what version of the source you have is to download
6 it and look at version.c. The "official" source comes from
7 ftp://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/f2c/src.tar, and they don't keep old versions
8 around. Another problem with this source is that it comes as a tar file
9 containing a directory full of gzipped source files (seems a little backwards
10 to me). I noticed similar postings to this on the NetBSD mailling list, and
11 what they decided is that they should keep a snapshot on their server of the
12 format f2c-VERSION.tar.gz, which is a tarball of a directory called f2c-VERSION
13 containing the source. In this case it would be called f2c-20010227.tar.gz.
14 I think this sounds resonable, and I'd like some feedback. Attached is an
15 ebuild script that builds and installs f2c from the current sources at
16 ftp://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/f2c/src.tar, at the time of this posting it
17 was version 20010227.
18
19 -ryan

f2c-20010227.ebuild text/plain