From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: chromium-54 needs ffmpeg-3.0.1
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 21:03:53
1 On 01/09/16 17:58, Duncan wrote:
2 > Martin Vaeth posted on Thu, 01 Sep 2016 05:03:20 +0000 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
5 >>> Martin Vaeth posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:08:17 +0000 as excerpted:
6 >>>
7 >>>> Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
8 >>>>> I really wish there was a way to run ancient firefox with security
9 >>>>> fixes :(
10 >>>> There's palemoon
11 >>> For Linux?
12 >> Even for gentoo: There's a "palemoon" overlay in layman.
13 > Again, thanks, everyone. I'm not personally so put off by firefox /yet/
14 > to need palemoon, but I'm very glad to be corrected and know that it's at
15 > least /available/ for Linux, both in case I /do/ need it myself, and so I
16 > can correctly mention it as an option to others should the subject come
17 > up elsewhere.
18 >
19 I believe there are several Firefox-derived forks out there, some
20 available some less-so for linux. I was exploring a couple of ones I'd
21 heard mentioned that aren't in portage (or overlays, to my knowledge)
22 which it would be possible to add to the web browser portfolio if a
23 suitable enthusiastic maintainer were to come forward ... [and No, I'm
24 not volunteering at this point!!!]