From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 02:03:24
1 On 10/04/2010 19:04, Vincent Launchbury wrote:
2 > On 04/10/10 11:25, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> Yes, it does. However, I would tend to question how practical their
4 >> audio captcha is. Go to www.captcha.net and try the demo a few
5 >> times and see how much luck you have solving audio captchas from it.
6 >
7 > Just for reference, I tried 15 different sound clips and got 5 right. 9
8 > were completely incomprehensible, 1 was fuzzy, and the other 5 were
9 > quite clear.
10 >
11 > I'd agree that accessibility is important, but if a better solution
12 > doesn't end up working out, ReCaptcha should at least provide access for
13 > blind users, albeit inefficiently.
14 >
15 I was just at Microsoft's site for the hotfix download to fix the
16 Advanced Local Procedure Call problem in Server 2008R2 and you need to
17 enter a captcha to get the link sent to your email address.
18
19 Just as I was about to enter it I thought I would listen to it just for
20 the hell of it... I couldn't understand a thing, it sounded like two
21 ferrets fighting infront of a de-tuned radio.
22
23 Whatever system the wiki and the forums have we better make it sure it
24 is the right one because there would be nothing worse than going to a
25 site and finding you can't use it because of a rubbish captcha system.