From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Non-maintainer commits and CI
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 15:32:05
1 On 1/7/21 4:28 PM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > it happens frequently that CI discovers failure(s) in non-maintainer commits.
5 >
6 > The most striking examples are maintainer-needed, proxy-maint and general pull
7 > request where who made the change has no visibility on the new bug.
8 >
9 > Do you think that is a good idea to CC everyone involved in the commit?
12 > Agostino
16 Overall yes, I think this is a good idea. One should be held responsible
17 to one's commits even for m-n packages.
18
19 But then again I wouldn't wish to be reminded about
20 CFLAGS/LDFLAGS/cc/ar/etc after fixing some bug unrelated to these. If
21 there's a CFLAGS/LDFLAGS/etc bug open for 1.2.3 do you usually report a
22 new one for 1.2.3-r1 or 1.2.4?
23
24 -- juippis