From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn.mcbratney@×××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] re2c woes - badly broken with gcc 3.x - offering help, possible ebuild maintainership
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:23:58
1 On Wednesday 14 April 2004 23:00, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
2 > OK, I have something.. the only problem I see is that the re2c.org people
3 > won't be doing releases. They'll be working from CVS only. Marcus Boerger
4 > asked this:
5 >
6 > ". . .It would also be nice if gentoo could go with RPMs we provide from
7 > CVS now (see README.in file)."
8
9 Heh - that Marcus from the php.net dev team? Figures ;-)
10
11 > I replied to Marcus saying that I'd ask (but that I was doubtful anout
12 > using RPM's :)
13
14 We can do that. Look at nxserver.eclass - that's one example that does this.
15 There are probably better ones in the Portage tree ;-)
16
17 > I'm working on a new ebuild that uses a cvs snapshot (to be downloaded from
18 > a distfiles mirror) that would seem the most logical way to go.. the only
19 > problem with that is that a dev will have to update the snap every couple
20 > of weeks/month. 8)
21
22 We can do that instead. I guess it comes down to how often they plan on
23 updating the RPMs - and whether there are any binary compatibility problems.
24 CVS snapshots might just be the way to go.
25
26 Is there anything we can do to help you right now?
27
28 Stu
29 --
30 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
31 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
32 Missed the php|cruise? http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/cruise-2004/
33
34 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
35 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C