From: Mo Zhou <lumin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Finalizing: GSoC-2019: BLAS/LAPACK Runtime Switching
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:52:04
1 Hi Gentoo Developers,
2
3 I'm finalizing the GSoC2019 project "BLAS and LAPACK runtime switch".[1]
4 The
5 documentation for user and developer is available here:
6
7 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Blas-lapack-switch
8
9 BLAS and LAPACK are dense numerical algebra libraries of
10 "libc-importance" to
11 scientific computing users. The runtime switching mechanism enables
12 users to
13 easily switch the BLAS/LAPACK library system-wide, without recompiling
14 anything. A similar feature has been long-existing in Debian system, as
15 known
16 as the update-alternatives mechanism. In Gentoo we implemented this
17 feature
18 with eselect modules.
19
20 This mechanism has been tested by some users and gentoo science team
21 developers.
22 Thanks to these early testers, we've got some positive feed backs:
23
24 https://github.com/gentoo/sci/issues/805#issuecomment-510469206
25 https://github.com/gentoo/sci/issues/805#issuecomment-512097570
26
27 I sincerely invite users and developers who heavily rely on BLAS/LAPACK
28 libraries to test it. Should you find any problem, or have any
29 suggestion/question, please let me know :-)
30
31 [1]
32 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019/Ideas/BLAS_and_LAPACK_runtime_switching