From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tightly-coupled core distro [was: Council meeting summary for 3 April 2012]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:50:39
1 On 18/11/12 10:21, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > On 18/11/2012 00:08, Greg KH wrote:
3 >> But if this fork is now the "official Gentoo fork", owned by the Gentoo
4 >> Foundation, and it's the way forward that Gentoo the distro is going to
5 >> take with regards to how the boot process works on the system, then I
6 >> have something to say about it, as it affects me, a Gentoo developer.
7 >
8 > Please note that I would be the first one, from a QA point of view, to
9 > raise a huge question mark if somebody is planning to make this the
10 > default anytime soon.
11 >
12 > You want to keep it around as an option? Sure, feel free.
13 >
14 > Moving as default? Over my dead public key.
17 Amen.