From: Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo devmanual translations
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 08:29:38
1 On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > "Vladimir Rusinov" <vladimir@×××××××××.info> posted
4 > f6fdfb550811071040o6293eb2bm82a4355942ec34f2@××××××××××.com, excerpted
5 > below, on Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:40:42 +0300:
6 >
7 > > Hi.
8 > >
9 > > I'm iterested in devmanual status. And I'd like to spend some time in
10 > > making it's translation to Russian as well as adding/fixing bugs on
11 > > english text.
12 > >
13 > > I don't wanna to improve my xslt skills, so is there any simple way to
14 > > add translations to existing xml's?
15 >
16 > I'm not a translator or a docs dev, but I follow the list. Why not come
17 > over to the documentation list? It's much easier to keep up on. =:^)
18 >
19 > And yes, they do have some tools that help. There's a translator's HOWTO
20 > and some other what else, /Documentation/ =;^), over on the docs project
21 > page:
22 >
23 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/index.xml
24 >
25 > ... And I see there's at least a URL for Russian documentation, so
26 > there's likely to already be someone already working on it. I only "do"
27 > English and don't know the status of the Russian translation, so I'm not
28 > going to go farther than that, but it's a start.
29 >
30 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/ru/
31 >
32 > Thanks for asking. I'm sure your services can be put to good use, and
33 > hope my pointers above are useful too.
36 Thank you for giving me right direction. :)
39 Vladimir Rusinov
40 http://greenmice.info/