From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: openrc init scripts taking command line arguments
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:04:03
1 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > let's move all of the discussion of this to the bug if possible so
3 > that it is all in one place.
4
5 That's fine and probably good.
6
7 Note that you were the one inviting email discussion about the
8 change. I guess you wanted rather to focus on the question if
9 breaking compatibility was cool or not.
10
11 Anything web is *way* too inconvenient for me to participate without
12 strong interest. That may be a good thing. Anyway I've mentally
13 abandoned init script including openrc long ago. :)
14
15 systemd is the future, and truly a leap ahead for systems world wide.
18 //Peter