From: Fruhwirth Clemens <clemens@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Becoming a Gentoo developer
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:03:58
1 Hi,
2
3 I'd like to contribute to Gentoo. I failed finding any documents for a
4 formal gentoo developer application procedure so I think gentoo-dev is the
5 right place for this. I'd like to work on harddisk encryption, especially
6 provide a generic distro-independend initrd setup procedure for encryption
7 key setup and Gentoo is the distro I'd like to start with :). I'm targeting
8 cryptoloop (cause I'm the maintainer of it) and dm-crypt, a very reasonable
9 patch by Christophe Saout. Besides this I like to submit smaller packages
10 like maradns and rep-xmms which I'm used to from Debian.
11
12 So how do I become a gentoo dev. aside from the copyright-assignment?
13
14 BRegards, Clemens