From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] CFLAGS paragraph for the GWN
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:50:55
On Saturday 30 September 2006 16:35, Lionel Bouton wrote:
> There is a lot of material out there about CFLAGS
`man gcc` always seemed fine to me in fact, lets read the -ffast-math section: -ffast-math This option should never be turned on by any -O option since it can result in incorrect output for programs which depend on an exact implementation of IEEE or ISO rules/specifications for math func- tions. this flag is never safe to use in CFLAGS no way will our documentation link to
> If possible, I'd like to expand the list of 3.4.6 -> 4.1.1 upgrade > problems which are linked to experimental CFLAGS
i find maintaining a list of "safe" CFLAGS on a per-gcc basis to be a waste of time ... but that's just me -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] CFLAGS paragraph for the GWN Lionel Bouton <lionel-dev@××××××.name>