From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass for Python
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:50:43
1 On 2/28/12 10:13 PM, Krzysztof Pawlik wrote:
2 > Highlights:
3 > - <400 lines of code including documentation
4 > - should work for >95% of packages (my educated guess)
5 > - did I mention it's *SIMPLE*?
6 > - easy to maintain & read so it's also easy to use
7
8 This is awesome! Compare that to over 3000 LOC of python.eclass. :)
9
10 > Important thing: I'm not aiming at having 100% functionality of current
11 > python.eclass+distutils.eclass in the new one, I think that simplicity is more
12 > important that supporting every possible, obscure case that's out there.
13
14 Exactly.
15
16 > If there are no objections then during the weekend (March 3, 4) I will add this
17 > to portage (after finishing remaining TODO items, PyPy requires 4G of RAM(!!)).
18
19 I second this so much (didn't review the eclass in detail, but it's
20 obviously better than python.eclass).
21
22 What's the plan to retire python.eclass?