From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:28:42
1 On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 09:13, Joachim Blaabjerg wrote:
2 > Hi people,
3 >
4 > I guess I should start off by introducing myself: I'm a sexteen years old (or
5 > young :]) norwegian student, and the developer/maintainer of the high security
6 > Linux distribution SuxOS (http://www.SuxOS.org). I've used Linux for a few years
7 > now, and run nothing but Linux on all my machines at home.
8 >
9 > Recently, I asked mr. Robbins if I could use Portage in SuxOS, and we concluded
10 > with that a collaborative effort would be for the best. I've decided that I
11 > would really like to make a Portage "system profile" for SuxOS, as mr. Robbins
12 > suggested, and work with the Gentoo distribution (mainly Portage) as a base for
13 > SuxOS, effectively creating a security centralized version of Gentoo.
14 >
15 > How does this sound to you people?
16
17 I think it's a great idea in every respect.
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
21 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
22 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.