From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: DistroWatch and Gentoo packages: status quo and future
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 02:24:03
1 On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 01:02:44 +0200
2 Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Among other information the Gentoo page at DistroWatch [1] displays a
5 > table on about 200 selected packages [2] and how up to date Gentoo is
6 > per package. I assume that DistroWatch is still one of the first places
7 > people go to get a feeling for a Distro they heard about, besides
8 > Wikpedia and ${distro}.org.
9 >
10 > The freshness of these 200 packages have influence on how people
11 > perceive Gentoo on DistroWatch. While the tree as a whole is what we
12 > should keep as up to date as possible keeping these 200 packages (list
13 > further down) up to date can therefore be of particular importance.
14
15 Personally I don't see how gaming the system helps us in any way.
20 Also, screw DW.
23 fonts, Character is what you are in the dark.
24 gcc-porting,
25 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662