From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New developer: Justin Bronder (jsbronder)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:39:19
1 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > Duncan Coutts wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 14:40 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 >>> It's my usual please to announce a new ebuild monkey. Justin hails from
5 >>> Brighton, Massachusetts. His educational background should provide a
6 >>> good theoretical approach to all the future flames on gentoo-dev:
7 >>> "I'm pretty much self taught computer wise as I went to the University
8 >>> of Maine in order to get my Master's in Mathematics where I focused on
9 >>> abstract algebra and number theory, I liked the challenges of
10 >>> discovering proofs, and pretty much ignored any real applications."
11 >>>
12 >>> Please give him the normal welcome.
13 >>
14 Yay, a math person! Welcome to the ghettoo ;p
15
16 >> Welcome Justin!
17 >>
18 >> If you like beautiful code with firm mathematical underpinnings and a
19 >> slight lack of real applications you'll love Haskell ;-)
20 >>
21 >> You're most welcome to come chat with us in #gentoo-haskell
22 @yaar the haskell is nice, although why it takes more resources to build
23 than OOo is beyond me.. *ducks*
24 >
25 > Hmm, a mystery developer.
26 >
27 > Hi Justin, I wonder why I haven't seen you on the functional programming
28 > side of Gentoo, you being a maths guy and all. Anyway, welcome and don't
29 > let the Haskell guys fool you ;P
30 >
31 > Marijn
32 >
33 > - --
34 > Marijn Schouten (hkBst), Gentoo Lisp project, Gentoo ML
35 > <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-{lisp,ml} on FreeNode
36 You're not fooling us, hkBst, we know you're a secret Schemer.. ;-) ML? Now,
37 there's a language.. *checks out #gentoo-ml *
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list