From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] opinion on how to improve the website redesign
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:16:08
1 On Monday 21 November 2005 15:09, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > - the 'about' blurb has way too much vertical spacing == wasted
3
4 agreed
5
6 > - the bar at the top which blathers on about what Gentoo has to offer
7 > i could do without completely (imo, you can read the About page)
8 > - if people insist on keeping the aforementioned bar which proclaims
9 > Gentoo's strengths, can we at least tighten up all the wasted
10 > vertical space on it ?
11
12 While at small resolutions the bar is too big, I do think that in any case
13 we should limit the contents of the front page. It's not our purpose to
14 select users by trying to cause an information overload on prospective
15 users that check out the site.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze