From: Armando Di Cianno <fafhrd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 04:42:18
1 On 2004-09-27 23:25:18 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > baselayout has a ton of other optional features, you going to require
3 > every
4 > single package to be installed on a user's system just because
5 > somewhere in
6 > the baselayout code that package is run ? no, that user will never
7 > use that
8 > package, so why should they have it installed ?
9
10 I do understand what you're saying, I just (and maybe it's just for
11 this version of baselayout I'm using) can't see how dhcpcd isn't an
12 RDEPEND of baselayout per the files I descrbied above. Baselayout,
13 once installed, can be configured in such a way that it dies if dhcp
14 is turned on.
15
16 I guess this (dhcp or any other "hard-coded"-yet-optional function)
17 just should be a USE flag or similar. But I think we both understand
18 what the other is saying, so I'll stop polluting everyone's mailboxen
19 now. ;-)
20
21 __armando
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list