From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:23:51
1 Vincent Launchbury wrote:
2 > On 04/10/10 11:25, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> Yes, it does. However, I would tend to question how practical their
4 >> audio captcha is. Go to www.captcha.net and try the demo a few
5 >> times and see how much luck you have solving audio captchas from it.
6 >
7 > Just for reference, I tried 15 different sound clips and got 5 right. 9
8 > were completely incomprehensible, 1 was fuzzy, and the other 5 were
9 > quite clear.
10 >
11 > I'd agree that accessibility is important, but if a better solution
12 > doesn't end up working out, ReCaptcha should at least provide access for
13 > blind users, albeit inefficiently.
17 Heck, I wear glasses but can see pretty good. It is hard for me to get
18 past the visual thing. Most of the time when I see a captcha, I just
19 say forget it and go elsewhere. There is nothing worse than trying to
20 help someone else and having to spend ten minutes to get past one of
21 those things. Write a 1 minute answer/solution and spend 10 minutes
22 trying to answer the captcha. It just isn't worth all that.
23
24 I have never seen the others where you have to complete a word or
25 phrase. I wouldn't even try those.
26
27 Dale
28