From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing support for mercurial repos in repositories.xml
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:47:24
1 On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 10:42 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > 2. Mercurial is buggy and maintaining support for those repos is PITA.
6 As a former Mercurial maintainer, I'm very skeptical of claims that
7 Mercurial is that buggy or generally less well-maintained than Git. Still,
8 reality is that Gentoo is mostly focused on Git (and Mercurial use is
9 relatively limited in the broader free software community), so I could see
10 it makes sense to focus our resources on Git.
11
12 Regards,
13
14 Dirkjan