From: Jeff Walter <jeff@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduction?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:57:26
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > if you're writing an interface which does something cool (like allows you to
3 > read / handle the button presses with menus and crap), then i hope you're
4 > doing something lower level than perl as a backend that way it can be used
5 > with other applications (can you say GLI with a LCD interface !? :D)
6
7 I'm building a bit more of interface which handles button presses and such
8 (forgot your root password?). The framework is built using Perl, but the actual
9 calls to set LCD text and query button status are handled via some hacked up
10 code I found on Sun's Cobalt dev FTP. I've created an ebuild for it; whether or
11 not the ebuild was done well is not important at this point, just need something
12 that works.
13
14 If anything wants lower level access, well, have fun :-) The point here is to
15 make something that is easily extensible. I don't want to write something that
16 requires someone to know C, or heaven forbid Python, to extend. You know what I
17 mean?
20 Jeff Walter
21 jeff@×××××××.com
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list