From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 55 updated
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 17:44:21
1 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > As others have commented, we should probably make this the last comment
3 > line in the header. Any suggestions for a specific identification string
4 > or do we simply use '# EAPI="X"' or use a she-bang '#!/<..> EAPI="X"' ?
5
6 Well, if a she-bang, should be the first line. That also makes parsing a lot
7 more straightforward and easily defined.
8
9 >> Looks like ".eb" is already taken by some exotic commercial
10 >> application, but I think we can ignore this.
11 >
12 > I like .eb but could also live with .gebuild as was suggested before.
13
14 I'd hate to see the length grow - shrinking is better and cleaner. :)
15 .gebuild is a little unwieldy IMHO. Also, since ebuilds can be used with
16 distros other than gentoo itself, having the "g" there may not be a good idea.
17
18 -Joe