From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Textrels in packages policy
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:54:27
1 On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 07:59:02PM -0700, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:25:57 +0000
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > no idea what you mean by "override", but here's a crazy idea ... ask
6 > > upstream to fix the issues. for example, we just reported executable
7 > > stacks with the ut2004 game and Ryan of epicgames was so kind as to
8 > > fix it up for us. some upstream peeps dont even know about these sort
9 > > of things until you point them out.
10 >
11 > Not to redirect the thread, but can someone point me to stuff on
12 > executable stacks (what they are and the background info on the
13 > warnings in portage)?
14
15 my gnu stack docs are actually complete:
16 http://hardened.gentoo.org/gnu-stack.xml
17
18 > If these are anywhere near critical, then I think a lot of us non-x86
19 > arch monkeys have a lot of work on our hands.
20
21 gnu-stack tends to be broken for everyone, not just x86 or !x86
22 -mike
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list