From: Alastair Tse <alastair.gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] little tool for portage
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:34:39
1 Hi,
2
3 I just thought people here might be interested. A couple of months ago,
4 I wrote a small tool to help me view changelogs for packages in the
5 portage. After a while, I added various features I thought were useful,
6 like calculating the size of a installed package, and viewing the
7 enabled USE variables for an ebuild.
8
9 I was thinking that if it was useful for me, maybe someone else might
10 find it interesting. If you want to see, its at:
11
12 http://www.liquidx.net/projects/etcat/
13
14 Basically, if you want to view a changelog entry for a particular
15 package:
16
17 $ etcat changes mozilla ## the latest changelog entry
18
19 or
20
21 $ etcat changes evolution-1.0.8 ## for a specific version
24 Cheers,
25
26 Alastair
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list