From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problems with new install
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:46:43
1 On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 04:42:49AM +0200, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 >Ben Lutgens wrote:
3 >
4 >Rhm, I thought I fixed this issue in this sys. Take a look at /etc/pam.d
5 >there must be three files useradd groupadd and shadow, both with the
6 >same content.
7 >Arg I took a quick look and found a typing bug. rename userpadd to
8 >useradd. :/
9
10 I thought userpass looked odd, but didn't give it a second thought.
13 >Sorry for the inconvenience this sys is a snapshot release.
14
15 Well, I stumbled acrodd the rc4 dir that was free of the preN tag and assumed
16 I had found the next "stable" rc before it was posted to the website, I'd
17 suggest a README in that dir outlining a couple caveats and warnings.
18
19 >Maybe remerging gluelog/daemontools (both in sys-apps) solves this
20 >problem.
21 >If you don't speak polis you should also remerge the man package in
22 >sys-apps.
23
24 Doh! :-) O.k. will do, I'll keep posting bugs and such. It's kinda nice ot be
25 able to help out a new distro especially one with developers so eager to help.
29 Ben Lutgens cell: 612.670.4789
30 Sistina Software Inc. worl: 612.379.3951
31 Code Monkey Support (A.K.A. System Administrator)
32
33 Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream