From: Andrew Muraco <tuxp3@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Release files/portage snapshots auxiliary files naming scheme
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:35:38
1 Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >Currently the files that accompany our release files (ISO images,
6 >stages) are named in the following scheme:
7 >
8 > *.asc for GPG signatures
9 > *.md5 for MD5 sums
10 >
11 >while the files that accompany our portage snapshots are named:
12 >
13 > *.gpgsig for GPG signatures
14 > *.md5sum for MD5 sums
15 >
16 >I suggest we unify the naming scheme to the one currently in use by our
17 >release files to avoid unnecessary confusion amongst our end-users -
18 >unless of course there is a good reason for having different naming
19 >schemes for release files and portage snapshots?
20 >
21 >Sincerely,
22 >Brix
25 Don't you think its a bit trival, but on the other hand, yes i agree
26 that unifying them wouldnt be a bad thing, its just a matter of getting
27 it done, and updating the documentation to reflect the changes (minor
28 changes :-P)
29
30 I say 'Do it.'
32 Andrew Muraco