From: Andrew Muraco <tuxp3@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Release files/portage snapshots auxiliary files naming scheme
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:35:38
Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

>Hi, > >Currently the files that accompany our release files (ISO images, >stages) are named in the following scheme: > > *.asc for GPG signatures > *.md5 for MD5 sums > >while the files that accompany our portage snapshots are named: > > *.gpgsig for GPG signatures > *.md5sum for MD5 sums > >I suggest we unify the naming scheme to the one currently in use by our >release files to avoid unnecessary confusion amongst our end-users - >unless of course there is a good reason for having different naming >schemes for release files and portage snapshots? > >Sincerely, >Brix > >
Don't you think its a bit trival, but on the other hand, yes i agree that unifying them wouldnt be a bad thing, its just a matter of getting it done, and updating the documentation to reflect the changes (minor changes :-P) I say 'Do it.' ---------------------------- Andrew Muraco -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list