From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Andy Arbon <andy@××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patching sources in a build
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:21:36
1 On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:00:12PM +0000, Andy Arbon wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > Is there any way to get emerge to allow you to apply a patch before the
8 > configuration and build happens?
9 >
10 > I've just tried out the -ck kernel, which built fine, but in order to
11 > get nvidia-kernel to build correctly against it I have to apply a patch.
12 > ~ At the moment the only way I can see to do this is to move the
13 > nvidia-kernel ebuild to $PORTDIR_OVERLAY and add the patching
14 > requirement to it there.
15 >
16 > Is that the only way to add a patch of my own to a build and still have
17 > emerge/ebuild build it for me? If I use ebuild to
18 > unpack/compile/install/qmerge the build and try and tamper with the
19 > source in the middle it will complain, won't it?
20 >
21 > Cheers,
22 >
23 > Andy
24
25 ebuild /path/to/ebuild unpack
26 cd /var/tmp/portage (and apply your patch in the relevant directory)
27 ebuild /path/to/ebuild compile install qmerge
30 Jon Portnoy
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list