From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] X won't start, says RmInitAdapter failed (nvidia drvs)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:42:47
1 On Saturday 22 December 2001 19:27, you wrote:
2 > Try using:
3 >
4 > # modprobe NVdriver NVreg_Mobile=4
5 I've tried, no good.
8 > Oh -- and if your kernel is being compiled for "Pentium III", you may want
9 > to upgrade to binutils-2.11.90.0.31, do a make clean in you kernel
10 > directory, and reinstall the kernel, modules and media-gfx/nvidia.
11 I've installed the new binutils and will recompile the kenel tomorrow. Right
12 now I'm fring up the glibc r8 merge and going to sleep.
16 Dan Armak
17 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
18 Matan, Israel