From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info'
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 21:15:10
1 On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:22:12PM +0100, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 > --info' is asked for in a bug report, post *that*. There are many
4 > examples of what should be included out here, so if you can't or won't
5 > use emerge, then you'll have to copy the information manually.
6 > Remarking that you "don't use emerge" is not a valid reason not to post
7 > it - post both `(emerge|paludis) --info' if you must - having both
8 > there will help greatly and is necessary for the time being[1].
11 Folks, I'd like to direct your attention to bug #269067. In this case,
12 had the bugwrangler(yngwin) asked for paludis --info the bug could have
13 been RESO INVALID without it getting to me. I wouldn't have wasted ~30
14 minutes deciding that the user was being crazy.
15
16 So yes, paludis --info can come in handy, and I found it useful in this
17 case.
21 Thomas Anderson
22 Gentoo Developer
24 Areas of responsibility:
25 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council