From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROMs category suggestion
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:59:39
1 Kent Fredric schrieb:
2 > On 23 July 2012 08:48, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
3 >> A fair point, suggestion retracted. I'm on board with sys-firmware as
4 >> well, but I do see some advantage of the current way of putting the
5 >> firmware in the category of what it is for...
6 >
7 > If you wanted, you could do something like x11-drivers/ do , and have
8 > a standard of adding a little subcategorization:
9
10 Could you be more specific? What does x11-drivers/ do that applies here?
11
12 > sys-firmware/video-ati
13
14 If it is really desired to state the firmware purpose in
15 category/package, then I would prefer
16
17 firmware-gpu/radeon-ucode
18 firmware-video/cx18-firmware
19 firmware-audio/alsa-firmware
20 firmware-net/isdn-firmware
21
22 or similar. This would be better than deviating from upstream package name.
25 Best regards,
26 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn