From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] text-markup hydra has born two new heads: sgml and tex
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:36:03
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 as announced some time ago on this list, the text-markup herd has been
4 split in two different herds: sgml, which will deal with (surprisingly)
5 sgml and docbook packages, and tex for (La)TeX packages. An arbitrary
6 decision of herding general text and OCR packages under tex has also
7 been taken.
8
9 Only one package has been left orphaned, and it's net-libs/libwww, which
10 had arguably nothing to do in text-markup to begin with. Please, net-*
11 people, don't leave the poor thing alone, especially since it has a
12 tendency to grow security issues every now and then.
13
14 The new herds have been created but the old one is not yet removed, I
15 guess this will come in a while when we're sure nothing has been left
16 out. Bugs have been reassigned and metadata.xml have been changed, but
17 please signal any remaining sign of text-markup.
18
19 Also, both of these herds are heavily understaffed, so any help would be
20 much appreciated.
23 Thanks for your attention, you can resume your daily activities.
24
25 Regards,
26 /Alexandre
27 --
28 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.