From: Craig Andrews <candrews@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, candrews@g.o, luke-jr+git@×××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Require opt-in for bitcoin upgrade?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:18:07
1 On 2021-07-10 17:18, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > To update everyone involved in this, please read my last comment on the
3 > pr. Basically, this can be treated like a test version by adding it to
4 > package.mask with an appropriate message then maybe publishing a
5 > newsitem if the maintainer wants it to be known by other users.
6 >
7 > William
8
9 IMHO, a news item is a bit much... I feel that the package.mask message
10 is sufficient. Huge thank you to all participants for discussing the
11 topic and coming up with the package.mask idea!
12
13 Here's a PR which is hopefully agreeable:
14 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/21587
15
16 ~Craig