From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] java
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 06:51:51
1 tor 2001-12-06 klockan 11.27 skrev djamil essaissi:
2 > trust me i've installed almost every thing that "pretented" to have the
3 > moz/netsc. java plugin ...
4 > moz 0.9.6
5 > still no luck ...
6 > maybe 'cause i have an "old" gentoo having some stale lib somewhere ?!
7 > (glibc, libc ...) it's a rc5 i think ...
8 > i emerged x11-4.1.0 lately just fine ... gnome is a charm and evo is
9 > even sweeter ...
10
11 This is really really strange, if you have the jre installed, does it
12 work to open one of those crashing pages in the appletviewer?
13
14 appletviewer http://.../
15
16 so that we can determine if it's mozilla or java that has some problem
17 at your system.
18
19 You can also look to see if Mozilla detects the correct plugin by
20 writing:
21
22 about:plugins
23
24 in the URI-field in Mozilla, it will list all plugins and where they are
25 loaded from.
26
27 Regards,
28 Mikael Hallendal
32 Mikael Hallendal
33 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
34 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden