From: Anna Vyalkova <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 07:30:38
1 On 2022-03-10 12:07, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I am going to nit-pick here, but pkgcheck pulls in pkgcore still. As far
3 > asI know, pkgcore was meant to be a portage-like package manager, but it
4 > isn't maintained. So, can we break that dependency before we make
5 > pkgcheck the official tool for qa checks? I would rather not have
6 > pkgcore landing on everyone's systems unless it is usable. If I am wrong
7 > about pkgcore, please correct me and I'll be quiet, but if not let's
8 > make pkgcheck independent from it before we deprecate repoman.
9
10 Original pkgcore developer stepped down, now it's maintained not as a
11 package manager but as a library for pkgcheck.