From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: python@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Need help replacing remaining python.eclass uses
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 17:23:01
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 We've pretty far outnumbered python.eclass packages but there are still
4 many left. Some of them are really old, unmaintained and don't even
5 build anymore which makes converting a rather tiresome job -- when
6 instead of doing plain conversion you end up figuring if you should
7 lastrite the damn thing or...
8
9 I'd really appreciate if we could get some help figuring that out.
10 There's a pretty good list at:
11
12 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/depcands-all.txt
13
14 This lists all potential candidates for python-r1 eclass use (with
15 suggested eclass in []), including packages using python.eclass
16 and depending on dev-lang/python directly. A few packages may be a bit
17 incorrect (e.g. old version of mesa is listed due to || dep), few were
18 converted while leaving old -9999.
19
20 What would be most helpful to try and convert some of the packages,
21 especially if you are the maintainer. When the list becomes a bit
22 shorter, I'll start filing bugs for the remaining packages. However,
23 I'd rather avoid filing ~144 bugs.
24
25 Thanks in advance.
28 Best regards,