From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: Gentoo Menu System - Version 2
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:56:14
1 On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 13:48, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
2 > Based on the comments of the last thread on -dev about this GLEP I created a
3 > new version. Please take a look at
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0016.html
6
7 The substance of this isn't changed as far as I can tell: the brunt of
8 creating all these .desktop files and maybe icons still lies on us.
9
10 I still agree with a point made in the last thread:
11
12 What's so bad about filing this as an upstream request instead? It
13 significantly reduces our work since we don't have to do it for hundreds
14 of packages. Instead, an upstream developer only has to do it once.