From: "Petr Vaněk" <arkamar@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: UID/GID rspamd
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:41:25
1 On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 10:26:37AM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 12/2/19 10:23 AM, Petr Vaněk wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Would it be possible to move tox to 199/199 and set rspamd to 236/236 to
5 > > be more compatible with other distributions, or should I chose some
6 > > other UID/GID?
9 > Changing an existing UID/GID isn't possible. It's technically infeasible
10 > -- not just that we left it out of the eclass or something -- so you'll
11 > have to pick another one.
12
13 Ok, I would like to reserve 237/237 for rspamd in that case, it is next
14 available.
15
16 Btw, I am just curios about the situation when there is a foo overlay
17 with acct-{user,group}/foo using UID/GID already set in main gentoo
18 overlay and later on we would like to move it to the main gentoo
19 overlay. It would be necessary to chose different UID/GID for
20 acct-{user,group}/foo. So, my question is, would it be technically
21 feasible to do the migration for users of the foo overlay? I can
22 imagine this scenario will occur once in the future and it is UID/GID
23 change.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Petr