From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:45:52
1 On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:04:57PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 >
3 > "svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/sunrise/category/application"
4 > "emerge application"
7 As long as it's made for pulling single ebuilds (and their
8 support files), i think it's really helpfull.
9
10 It's exactly the same as downloading single ebuilds from
11 Bugzilla just without the pain of using bugzilla for it.
12 While Bugzilla is fine for handling bugs, i think it's
13 annoying to use for maintaining and downloading ebuilds.
14
15 The "danger" of people breaking something is exactly the
16 same though. I don't see a difference between downloading
17 an ebuild with bugzilla and fetching them with svn.
18
19 What i would fear is a full overlay with eclasses and many
20 other things the user didn't cherry pick.
21
22 I would mostly like a method to easily add external ebuilds
23 to my own overlay.
24 When that source allows people to maintain their ebuilds in
25 a simple way, it's also better. Raising the annoyance bar
26 for handling ebuilds doesn't increase their quality.
29 Christian
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list