From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use flags in both use.defaults and make.defaults
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:50:30
1 On Sunday 28 August 2005 03:36 pm, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All of these use flags are in base/use.defaults. As I understand it, if
3 > the package listed with the flag in this file is installed on the
4 > system, the flag is automatically turned on. If that's true, why are
5 > they also listed in default-linux/x86/make.defaults? Wouldn't it be
6 > better to have them turned on automatically when the package that
7 > installs them is merged?
8
9 iirc we want to get away from the vague use.defaults file ...
10
11 but either way, the answer is 'not really' ... since the USE flag isnt put
12 into effect until after a package is merged, any existing packages which take
13 advantage of that USE flag will need to be rebuilt
14 -mike
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list