From: Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ATI OpenGL interface, testing required
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:01:33
1 Hi,
2
3 The new unified ATI Graphics card driver was released on the 20th of
4 this month, so it seems fitting that Gentoo should have a third OpenGL
5 interface added.
6
7 I just finished writing the ebuild which (I believe) should implement
8 that interface, but I have yet to actually buy an ATI card, so I was
9 hoping some kind soul would test it for me and report back.
10
11 The ebuild (attached) has a number of bugs.. firstly the licence is not
12 "as-is" it is ATI's own. That'll have to be ammended before submission,
13 but is fine just for testing. Testers please read and agree to their
14 ATI's EULA before emerging. Secondly I'm not sure if the
15 /usr/modules/fglrx/* is needed at run time.. I have ommited it for the
16 time being, but if you experience problems please tell me,. as this is
17 probably the cause.
18
19 Anyway, if someone could test it and report bugs to me, I'd be most
20 gratful.
21
22 Thanks,
23 C.Davies
24
25 P.S. Driver supports at least RADEON 8500, 8500LE, AIW 8500DV, 9000 PRO,
26 9500 PRO, 9700 PRO, AIW 9700 PRO, and FIRE GL.
27 P.P.S I intend the ebuild to go in media-video/ati-glx
28 P.P.P.S Why the hell can't ATI spell "graphics"? :)

ati-glx-2.4.3.ebuild text/plain