From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc: pt_chown setuid going away by default
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:49:19
1 >>>>> "MF" == Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> writes:
2
3 MF> this should impact very few (if any)
4 MF> users, so i don't think a news item makes sense.
5
6 It will impact everyone who has /dev/pts in fstab(5).
7
8 I doubt that any say gid=5.
9
10 I don't remember why this box has it in fstab; it looks like it always did.
11
12 The backup of my (now dead) laptop also has such an entry. The rcs log
13 for that one shows that it got added in late '03, and not manually.
14
15 I imagine therefore that it is not all that uncommon.
16
17 -JimC
18 --
19 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6