From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 55
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:40:39
1 On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o> wrote:
2 > Why not just bump the filename suffix when it is required to support a
3 > new EAPI that breaks the sourcing rules of previous EAPIs?
4 >
5 > Or will backwards-incompatible changes be happening so frequently that
6 > the package suffix will have to change for every EAPI bump anyway,
7 > which would make this proposal equivalent to GLEP55?
8
9 That works. Although, we'd have to keep track of two parameters when
10 setting our EAPI. One being the EAPI itself and the suffix needed for
11 that EAPI. So this doesn't seem to make the problem simpler.
12
13 Regards,
14 --
15 Santiago M. Mola