From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Alpha catalyst-built LiveCD almost works
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:09:31
1 On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:21:07AM -0500, Brad House wrote:
2 > make sure your livecd-stage1 grabs kudzu,hotplug,and livecd-tools
3 > the default-runscript.sh should do an rc-update add autoconfig default
4 > which runs both kudzu and hotplug to auto-detect hardware, then runs
5 > dhcpcd on the network controllers found.
6
7 Ah. I didn't have kudzu; I'd thought that was x86-specific, so I removed it.
8 It's back in. livecd-tools wasn't in the sparc64 livecd-stage1 I started
9 from, either, so I've re-added it. I use the supplied default-runscript.sh,
10 so that part's fine.
11
12 I'm still getting the same PAM error, however. I added the line
13
14 GRP_STAGE23_USE="pam tcpd readline nls ssl gpm perl python berkdb acl ncurses"
15
16 to the file /etc/make.profile/make.defaults on the system I'm doing these
17 builds on, and reran catalyst stage2, stage3, livecd-stage1, and
18 livecd-stage2, and yet the PAM stuff apparently didn't get picked up. The
19 /etc/pam.d directory on the LiveCD only contains files for screen and sshd.
20 Do I need to start over at stage1? Or, do I need to put that specification
21 somewhere else?
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list