From: Daniel Burns <aiwaf@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] installation problem
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:13:38
From: Morten Liebach <m@××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:15:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installation problem

On 2002-02-12 15:08:33 -0500, Steve Barr wrote:
> i am trying to install gentoo on my computer, i used > build-ix86-1.0_rc6-r15.iso and everything goes well in the install, i have > networking and everything until i execute these commands > > # cd /mnt/gentoo > # tar -xvjpf /mnt/cdrom/build-*.tbz2 > # mount -o bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc > # cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/etc/resolv.conf > # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash > # env-update > Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache... > # source /etc/profile
Morten, You are not alone. I am having the same problem at the same point in the install. Sorry for your difficulty, but now I know that it is not just something that I am doing wrong. Am tempted to try a different (earlier) version of Gentoo to see if I have the same difficulty. Wish I had a solution, but so far I can only say that I am in the same boat! Hang in there! Aiwaf